Indianapolis 500 is set for its 101st run at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday, May 28.
The Qualifying run, which will decide the driver positions in the main event is over, with Scott Dixon clinching the pole position. The run took account of the average of four laps with Dixon turning the best four-lap average of 232.164 mph.
Formula 1 Driver, Fernando Alonso booked the 2nd row, 5th place, with an average of 231.300 mph.
Indianapolis 500 Starting lineup:
1. Scott Dixon – 232.164 mph, Team- Chip Ganassi Racing, Car- Honda
2. Ed Carpenter – 231.664 mph, Team- Ed Carpenter Racing, Car- Chevrolet
3.Alexander Rossi (Defending Champion)- 231.487 mph, Team- Andretti Autosport, Car- Honda.
4. Takuma Sato – 231.365 mph, Team- Andretti Autosport, Car- Honda
5. Fernando Alonso – 231.300 mph, Team- Andretti Autosport, Car- Honda
6. J.R. Hildebrand – 230.889 mph, Team- Ed Carpenter Racing, Car- Chevrolet
7. Tony Kanaan – 230.828 mph, Team- Chip Ganassi Racing, Car- Honda
8. Marco Andretti – 230.474, Team- Andretti Autosport, Car- Honda
9. Will Power – 230.200 mph, Team-Team Penske Car- Chevrolet
10. Ryan Hunter-Reay – 231.442 mph, Team- Andretti Autosport, Car- Honda.
11. Ed Jones – 230.578 mph, Team- Dale Coyne Racing, Car- Honda
12. Oriol Servia – 230.309 mph, Team- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Car- Honda
13. Mikhail Aleshin – 230.271 mph, Team- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Car- Honda
22. Josef Newgarden – 228.501 mph, Team- Penske, Car- Chevrolet